Making a quiche is a perfect way to use extra eggs when your chickens are in their peak laying season. Sometimes called egg pie, this is an easy way to use up or preserve eggs — try making several ahead and freezing them for Winter use.
Spinach Yogurt Quiche is a unique recipe for a that our family has been making for over 25 years. For variations on this recipe, try adding mushrooms or caramelized onions, or serve with marinara sauce.
- 1 deep-dish unbaked pie shell
- 1 1/2 cups Swiss cheese, grated
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 4 oz. frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Spread the grated Swiss cheese over the bottom of the pie shell.
- Make the quiche filling: Beat the eggs, yogurt, cornstarch, evaporated milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and spinach together.
- Pour the quiche filling into the pie shell.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake at 375° F for 30 to 35 minutes or until set.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.