Join McMurray Hatchery in England
In November 2020, join fellow poultry enthusiasts for an educational, cultural, and fun international poultry adventure hosted by McMurray Hatchery.
Glean new insights and ideas from our creative neighbors across the pond who are incorporating poultry, gardens and sustainability into their backyards and small homesteads; visit unique urban and rural poultry farms; attend the Great Britain National Poultry Show; and experience some of England’s cultural, scenic and historical treasures. In addition, the McMurray Hatchery owners will be traveling with the group to offer their own insights and experiences, and will act as a resource throughout the tour.
The tour will include well-known sightseeing opportunities including Buckingham Palace, Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, The Tower of London, Stonehenge, Stratford Upon Avon (home of William Shakespeare), and more! Poultry enthusiasts will delight in the opportunity to learn about Heritage English breeds in their traditional setting.
The tour begins in England’s capital city of London — a cosmopolitan city full of history and grandeur. While in London visit Hen Corner and Mudchute City Farm and discover London-style backyard farming and urban flocks. Tour activities include a guided tour of London with photo stops at Buckingham Palace, the Houses of Parliament, and Trafalgar Square; entrance to the world-renowned Tower of London; and free time for sightseeing on your own.
The tour then heads North to the National Poultry Show in Telford. En-route visit Stratford Upon Avon — the home of William Shakespeare. At the National Poultry Show attend educational sessions, peruse vendor booths, and view the 7,000+ chicken, duck, goose, turkey and egg exhibits.
The last leg of the tour takes you to the county of Oxfordshire with a stop en-route at Warwick Castle. The City of Oxford is the county’s crowning glory and home to the world-famous Oxford University — and for PBS viewers, Inspector Morse. While in Oxfordshire visit the Rare Breed Survival Trust and get a taste for the rural English countryside in the Cotswolds and their beloved limestone villages, where you will tour a variety of small holdings (homesteads), family farms and hatcheries, many of which are entirely free range.
The final day you will visit Stonehenge, perhaps the most famous prehistoric monument in the world, before transferring back to London for your return flight home.
Join us next November 30 – December 10, 2020, for this once-in-a-lifetime tour! Spaces are limited, so sign up today and reserved your spot!
- The McMurray Hatchery England 2020 Poultry Tour is being coordinated by Travel and Play. If you have questions or need additional information, please click here to contact Ian Bradley from Travel and Play.
- Download Travel and Play’s Terms and Conditions
- Download an updated PDF of the informational meeting presentation
- Download an updated, printable PDF informational sheet
- Tour Dates: November 30 – December 10, 2020
- Tour Locations: London, the National Poultry Show in Telford, and Oxford with stop-offs in Stratford Upon Avon, Warwick and Stonehenge.
- Poultry Highlights: London’s Hen Corner, Mudchute Farms, the National Poultry Show, Gallantry House Derbyshire Redcaps, Cotswold Chickens, and more.
- Cultural and Tourism Highlights: Guided walking tour of London, entrance to the Tower of London, Stonehenge, Oxford University, Stratford Upon Avon (the birthplace of William Shakespeare), Warwick Castle, and more.